31 July 2007

jumped at the chance to go to
(a british pop star's) condo today
all I can say is...
thank God I'm not his maid ok...I lied. That's not ALL I can say. That place was just unbelievable. I've seen some pretty expensive, over-the-top residences...but this just took the cake. (and smeared it all over the place) There was more art glass, photography and tchotchkes than I have EVER seen in one place. Seriously...it was piled, hung and stacked EVERYWHERE! ! ! Thousands upon thousands of object d'art. I can see he is a SERIOUS shop-aholic. Lord. They must go through some windex! ! !
I was especially envious of the massage room with homoerotic art (hung floor to ceiling & wall-to-wall) by everyone from Herb Ritts, Greg Gorman, Bruce Weber, etc... Though his candle closet is pretty cool too...I don't think it's in his chemical makeup to buy ONE of anything. Seriously...there were literally hundreds of candles and fragrances lining shelves by Dyptique, Joe Malone, Slatkin and a zillion others. This closet was just off his CD room. I was just in shock. Don't get me started on his "closet". Not the best word to describe a wing of the residence with halls lined with shelves, hanging storage and glass curio cabinets making it resemble a retail store more than a residence.
and...NO...I DID NOT make off with any souvenirs




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not even some "electric Boobs" or a grammy from Lion King?

bob said...

i suppose this is a challenge for me to get into my neighbor's flat?